Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9/16/2019 11:47:07 AM

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Western & Wolland Bullet stopper.

=================================

Small Woolwich Lamonts patent which i think has a glass lamonts stopper.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Small Atlas round ender.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Atlas blob top mineral. Only one i've ever dug.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Banks blob top mineral. another one i only have dug one of.

WANTED. Early glass of all types, selaed wines etc. Early Pontilled phials/Vials and other small pontilled early bottles. Quality Sealed Onions,Mallets,Shaft & Globe etc and good quality Bellarmines. I also buy collections and any bottles pre 1920's. I am based in Essex not far from Southend on sea and will travel and pay cash. eclipsepatent@aol.com          Many ThanksWayneWood.

Hybridman
 Posted 5/6/2012 10:01:06 AM
Blue Hybrid

Blue Hybrid - (45,444 reputation)Blue Hybrid - (45,444 reputation)Blue Hybrid - (45,444 reputation)Blue Hybrid - (45,444 reputation)Blue Hybrid - (45,444 reputation)Blue Hybrid - (45,444 reputation)Blue Hybrid - (45,444 reputation)Blue Hybrid - (45,444 reputation)Blue Hybrid - (45,444 reputation)

Last Active: 11/2/2016 3:22:52 PM
That Western and Wooland Bullet Stopper is a bit unusual Wayne cant remember seeing one of those before
Ruby Lane
 Posted 5/6/2012 10:47:16 AM
Blue Hybrid

Blue Hybrid - (53,646 reputation)Blue Hybrid - (53,646 reputation)Blue Hybrid - (53,646 reputation)Blue Hybrid - (53,646 reputation)Blue Hybrid - (53,646 reputation)Blue Hybrid - (53,646 reputation)Blue Hybrid - (53,646 reputation)Blue Hybrid - (53,646 reputation)Blue Hybrid - (53,646 reputation)

Last Active: 5/19/2014 9:38:14 PM
You beat me to starting this thread Wayno but great you've started it...and started it with some nice ones too. Agree with Ralph on the Western & Wolland in not having seen it before and also not seen the Banks before either. I love those 1880-90's blob top minerals and that atlas is a beauty;)

Here's a couple to get my contribution rolling.

First up a 10oz bullet ALFRED PHILLIPS, ROMAN ROAD, E....lion rampant pictorial....

Secondly a real rare little bottle which I have yet to find another of known or been able to find out anything about who it was from...any help appreciated as currently it's a complete mystery this one!!

6oz Fosters Patent CORPS OF COMMISSIONAIRES, HEAD QTrs STRAND, LONDON...Foster's patent medals and award to the reverse....

CFN, Stu

LOSTWORLD

WANTED: BOTTLES, LIDS, ETC. FROM MAIDENHEAD,WINDSOR & SLOUGH

PLEASE PM ME IF YOU HAVE ANY

eclipsepatent
 Posted 5/6/2012 4:44:06 PM
Blue Hybrid

Blue Hybrid - (126,192 reputation)

Hybridman (06/05/2012)
That Western and Wooland Bullet Stopper is a bit unusual Wayne cant remember seeing one of those before

Its the only one i have ever seen or found Ralph and itis a shame that the embossing is weak. I bet you have some London pictorials knocking around as i know you are a hoarder like me mate.

WANTED. Early glass of all types, selaed wines etc. Early Pontilled phials/Vials and other small pontilled early bottles. Quality Sealed Onions,Mallets,Shaft & Globe etc and good quality Bellarmines. I also buy collections and any bottles pre 1920's. I am based in Essex not far from Southend on sea and will travel and pay cash. eclipsepatent@aol.com          Many ThanksWayneWood.

eclipsepatent
 Posted 5/6/2012 4:46:26 PM
Blue Hybrid

lostworld (06/05/2012)
You beat me to starting this thread Wayno but great you've started it...and started it with some nice ones too. Agree with Ralph on the Western & Wolland in not having seen it before and also not seen the Banks before either. I love those 1880-90's blob top minerals and that atlas is a beauty;)

Here's a couple to get my contribution rolling.

First up a 10oz bullet ALFRED PHILLIPS, ROMAN ROAD, E....lion rampant pictorial....

Secondly a real rare little bottle which I have yet to find another of known or been able to find out anything about who it was from...any help appreciated as currently it's a complete mystery this one!!

6oz Fosters Patent CORPS OF COMMISSIONAIRES, HEAD QTrs STRAND, LONDON...Foster's patent medals and award to the reverse....

CFN, Stu

Not seen either of these before and they are both lovely Stu. The Fosters Patent is a little special and would definately be a keeper if i owned that one.

toolmaker1
 Posted 5/6/2012 4:47:07 PM
Blue Hybrid

Blue Hybrid - (11,575 reputation)Blue Hybrid - (11,575 reputation)Blue Hybrid - (11,575 reputation)Blue Hybrid - (11,575 reputation)Blue Hybrid - (11,575 reputation)Blue Hybrid - (11,575 reputation)Blue Hybrid - (11,575 reputation)Blue Hybrid - (11,575 reputation)Blue Hybrid - (11,575 reputation)

Last Active: 9/11/2019 12:33:45 PM
Well done Wayne and Stu that's another London thread that I can get add a fair amount to, pics will follow.
eclipsepatent
 Posted 5/6/2012 5:03:48 PM
Blue Hybrid

Not sure if this comes under London or not,but near enough.

Croydon mineral.

Ruby Lane
 Posted 5/6/2012 5:20:35 PM
Blue Hybrid

Blue Hybrid - (53,646 reputation)Blue Hybrid - (53,646 reputation)Blue Hybrid - (53,646 reputation)Blue Hybrid - (53,646 reputation)Blue Hybrid - (53,646 reputation)Blue Hybrid - (53,646 reputation)Blue Hybrid - (53,646 reputation)Blue Hybrid - (53,646 reputation)Blue Hybrid - (53,646 reputation)

Cheers Wayne. I would love to find out more about the Corps of Commissionaires Foster's patent but it's not in the directory and it looks like I'll need to do some more research to find out the background of them.

I had the Croydon seltzer with distillery pictorial earlier this year but that's the first mineral I've seen from them. A very good pictorial which works better on your mineral being larger than it does on the seltzer.

Look forward to seeing what you have Brian...and anybody else come to that. Should be an even more diverse mix of companies for these other minerals.

Cheers, Stu.

LOSTWORLD

Ruby Lane
 Posted 5/6/2012 5:31:29 PM
Blue Hybrid

Here below is what I have established so far about The Corps of Commissionaires....very interesting too!

~The Corps of Commissionaires was founded in 1859 by Captain Sir Edward Walter KCB. Captain Sir Edward Walter was the first to find an effective remedy for providing jobs for ex service men.

It is the oldest security company in the world. Currently trading as 'Corps Security'[[1]], the head of the company has always been the British monarch. This tradition began with Queen Victoria and continues through to the present day with Queen Elizabeth II. In 2009, the Corps celebrated its 150th anniversary with a reception hosted at St James's Palace by HM Queen Elizabeth II and HRH The Duke of Edinburgh. ~

It would seem the company decided to provide their ex-servicemen employees with beverages whilst on duty!

CFN

Stu

LOSTWORLD

eclipsepatent
 Posted 5/6/2012 6:08:55 PM
Blue Hybrid

Thanks Stu and great bit of info on your bottle.

Here's my 10oz James Cox Bullet stopper.I had a 6oz but swapped it for a small pontilled bottle a while back.This one and the 6oz was the only two i have found and the Bullet stopper is far rarer than the codd and on a par with the hamilton for rareity.