Melton Mowbray rectangular pot lid and base.

http://www.bottledigging.org.uk/forum/Topic384283.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By CYMRU AM BYTH - 9/17/2017 5:23:43 PM
Hi all. Can anyone give me some information on this Melton Mowbray pot lid and the others in the photograph. ie rarity and cost. Many thanks.
By civet cat - 9/17/2017 6:48:22 PM

where did they come from?ie dug or bought

By CYMRU AM BYTH - 9/17/2017 8:48:59 PM
Hi, I purchased it about a year ago. It was apparently dug from the Cwmbwrla tip in Mayhill Swansea about 30 years ago. OK??
By robbie - 9/18/2017 9:29:39 PM
It's completely unrecorded...I believe Jim has made contact as we'll need a pic for the new book...wow!! It's a lovely lid and only the second known from this Leicestershire town...Jack Feast will go loopy when he sees it! Hopefully you can send Jim a good pic and its size please in mms...a great purchase so many thanks for posting!!
By CAPSLOCK - 9/18/2017 9:33:25 PM
FANTASTIC FIND.
By civet cat - 9/18/2017 10:26:40 PM

well there you go ok:)

By CYMRU AM BYTH - 9/18/2017 10:42:57 PM
Hi Blue.WOW. An unrecorded pot lid. Lucky me. No word from JIM as yet but i will send him more photo's and size if he wants. Many thanks.
By Berkshire Jack - 9/19/2017 2:51:58 PM
Crikey! :blink:

What the hell was a lid from Melton Mowbray doing in Cwmbwrla?

Lids are a rarity in Welsh tips but an unrecorded one form the other side of the country...?

I've probably got the same odds of winning tonight's £122m Rollover!:D

Great lid though - with this and the Oxford Blue flat back that appeared recently it's great to see "new" unrecorded items still surfacing...:cool:
By Poacher - 9/19/2017 8:39:48 PM
There were Catchalls cream pots coming off there Mike, all the way from Cornwall and looked nice with the yacht pictorial:cool: Betts blue tops were on there, but not many, Neath items and the rare all white Trebuan Springs Llanelli ginger (cos I dug one there). ;) I got a front written Gwylim Evans quinine bitters too.:cool: It was a good dig in its day. :)
By keighleybluecodd - 9/20/2017 6:12:57 AM
Brilliant find - what makes our hobby constantly enthralling…. and great that Bob can manage to slide it into the book.

Would like to see Jacks face - aaaaaargh!!!!